If you are having problems that you think need to be treated by a chiropractor, try following these simple steps at home which may help you greatly with your symptoms, without needing to visit a chiropractor. Riverside Family Chiropractic based out of Columbus Ohio suggests the following tips for improving your spinal health
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day–this hydrates your whole body, including your discs.
2. Use your legs when lifting, avoid using your back muscles and causing unnecessary strain on your back.
3. Exercising 20 minutes, 3-4 times per week will keep your spine more mobile.
4. Avoid sleeping on your stomach, instead you should sleep on your back or your side. Also avoid sleeping with your hands or arms under your neck or head. Doing this will minimize strain to your neck.
5. Always practice good posture- shoulders back, stomach in, neck and back erect.
6. Include stretching as part of your daily routine.
7. Avoid sitting in deep couches or soft chairs, whenever possible. During prolonged sitting, crossing your knees at your ankles helps to relax your back.
Following these simple steps can have dramatic results on your health and fitness. If you are still having problems after implementing these changes, contact your local chiropractor and schedule an appointment.
For more information on how to live a healthier lifestyle visit http://www.RiversideFamChiro.com